Call for Papers 2023
Postgraduate submissions are now being sought for Exclamat!on’s seventh edition ‘Wilderness, Nature and the Untamed’, and we welcome English Literature, Film Studies, or Creative Writing responses that engage with any aspect and interpretation of this theme.
Topics of interest might include, but are not restricted to:
- Animals and Anthropomorphism
- Adventure Tales and Robinsonades
- Borders and Boundaries
- Climate Fiction and Apocalypse
- Colonial and Post-Colonial Narratives
- Eco-Criticism and Ecology
- Exploration, Frontier or Quest Narratives
- Food Studies
- The Gothic
- Nature and Travel Writing
- Psychogeography and Spatiality
- Romanticism and the Sublime
- Science Fiction and Alternate Realities
- Utopia and Dystopia
We would be delighted to consider long English Lit or Film Studies articles (5,000-8,000 words), short articles (3,000-5,000 words), short stories (3,000-5,000 words including critical commentary), and poetry (up to 100 lines + critical commentary).
All submissions must be the original, previously unpublished, work of the author and must adhere to the following:
- Authors must be enrolled on a Postgraduate programme of study.
- All word limits must include footnotes and bibliography.
- Submissions must have permission for the use of images. · References must use MHRA referencing (www.mhra.org.uk/style)
- Submissions should be in 12-point Times New Roman and single spaced.
- Submissions should use British spelling; alternative forms are permissible in direct quotations.
Submissions along with a 100-word biography should be sent to: email@example.com Please also address any queries to this email address. The deadline for submissions is 31st January 2023.
We are also keen to hear from anyone interested in acting as peer reviewer for the journal. Please email us at the above address with details regarding your discipline and specialism.
For more information and previous issues, please visit: https://humanities.exeter.ac.uk/english/research/publications/exclamation/